Excimer laser appliances Esiris
ESIRIS Laser appliance of latest generation ESIRIS (the firm “Schwind”)
ESIRIS belongs to the sixth generation of excimer laser appliances. ESIRIS is a product of modern high technologies developed in Germany. It is remarkable for a contemporary design, maximum safety and comfort for the patient. Owing to peculiarity of the laser ray (the so called flying spot) the ESIRIS works in a more sparing regime and has a number of advantages over lasers of precedent generations. In practice it means improvement of correction quality and quick rehabilitation after the operation.
At present the “Sight Recovery Center” is the only clinic in Russia that is equipped with a laser installation of such a level.
Advantages of ESIRIS over laser installations of precedent generations
- Quick restoration of cornea tissue and vision acuity after operation thanks to the flying spot of 0,8 mm in diameter.
- Improved eye centering owing to high speed active tracking system. Even if a patient leads aside his eye, the laser ray will work precisely in the center of the pupil.
- Minimum level of a cornea burn. The lowest thermal impact.
- The lowest ablation depth (cornea remains thick after the operation) in comparison with other lasers. It diminishes the risk of its damage.
- Correction possibility of high level ametropia – up to –18,0 D with the help of LASIK and PRK an also SUPERLASIK methods.
- Cornea surface after ablation is most smooth and more exactly repeats the profile loaded into the laser computer. This is attained by introducing newest scientific elaborations.
- The diminishing of risk of post operation opacity by PRK.
- The possibility of forming of an individual ablation profile.
- The possibility of correction of higher order aberrations (SUPERLASIK method).
- Correction of hypermetropia with ablation zone up to 9,00 mm.
- Optimum distribution of energy on the cornea (ablation frequency – 200 Hz).